Aladdin is an animated television series made by Walt Disney Television which aired from 1994 to 1995, based on the original 1992 feature. It was animated at the Slightly Offbeat Productions Studios in Penrose, Auckland, New Zealand. Coming on the heels of the direct-to-video sequel The Return of Jafar, the series picked up where that installment left off, with Aladdin now living in the palace, engaged to beautiful and spunky Princess Jasmine. "Al" and Jasmine went together into peril among sorcerers, monsters, thieves, and more. Monkey sidekick Abu, the animated Magic Carpet, and the fast-talking, shape-shifting Genie came along to help, as did sassy, complaining parrot Iago, formerly Jafar’s pet but now an antihero. Jafar, having previously been destroyed in the second movie, returns in only one episode which also serves as a crossover with Hercules: The Animated Series.
- Year: 1995
- Country: United States of America
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Kids
- Studio: CBS, Disney Channel, Syndication
- Keyword: princess, middle east, based on movie
- Cast: Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Dan Castellaneta, Gilbert Gottfried, Frank Welker, Val Bettin