A man with a low IQ has accomplished great things in his life and been present during significant historic events—in each case, far exceeding what anyone imagined he could do. But despite all he has achieved, his one true love eludes him.
- Year: 1994
- Country: United States of America
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Studio: Paramount, The Steve Tisch Company, Wendy Finerman Productions
- Keyword: vietnam veteran, post-traumatic stress disorder (ptsd), hippie, china, washington dc, usa, single parent, mentally disabled, based on novel or book, waitress, usa president, optimism, parent child relationship, 1970s, autism, drug addiction, alabama, vietnam war, black panther party, bus stop, friendship, family relationships, single mother, military, anti war protest, 1960s, college american football, mother son relationship
- Director: Robert Zemeckis
- Cast: Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Sally Field, Mykelti Williamson, Michael Conner Humphreys